1. Make lists.
2. Carry a notebook everywhere.
3. Try free writing.
4. Get away from the computer.
5. Quit beating yourself up.
6. Take breaks.
7. Sing in the shower.
8. Drink coffee.
9. Listen to new music.
11. Surround yourself with creative people.
14.Don't give up.
15.Practice, practice, practice.
16.Allow yourself to make mistakes.
17.Go somewhere new.
18.Count your blessings.
19.Get lots of rest.
21.Break the rules.
22.Don't force it.
23.Read a page of the dictionary.
24.Create a framework.
25.Stop trying to be someone else's perfect.
26.Got an idea? Write it down.
27.Clean your workspace.
Paperback writer says that Facebook and Twitter kind of killed the meme, but also suggests that if you're looking for something to blog about, copy the list, bold the items on the list that you're already doing, cross off the ones that don't work for you, and star the ones you'd like to try. Here's my meme version of the list - which I've added some comments to (in italics) ...for both your and my amusement:
1. Make lists. (...and oh boy do I do lists...!)
2. Carry a notebook everywhere. (How else am I going to write all those lists?)
4. Get away from the computer.* (Actually, I'm not so sure about trying this...I love my computer really)
5. Quit beating yourself up. *(I'd truly love to be good at this)
6. Take breaks.*(and this)
7. Sing in the shower. (but only if there's no one around to hear!)
8. Drink coffee. (...by the bucket...)
9. Listen to new music. (I love to do this - it's how I discovered Green Day, Nickelback, 3
Doors Down, Shinedown, Lily Allen, Amy Winehouse & Beethoven)
10.Be open. * (Isn't this a depends who with question?)
11. Surround yourself with creative people. (Gosh - you'd have to ask them...)
12.Get feedback. (Although if it's the BMB I don't always welcome it -Lol!)
13.Collaborate. (Hubby & the BMB probably see the best of me in this...)
14.Don't give up. (Just about everyone sees this in me...)
15.Practice, practice, practice. (...and this...)
16.Allow yourself to make mistakes. * (Jeez, I'm useless at this...and I know it!)
17.Go somewhere new. (I always like to do this)
18.Count your blessings. (I like to do this too!)
19.Get lots of rest.* (However hard I try, life conspires against me....)
mean, I haven't been on a big roller coaster since I had my back fused...)
21.Break the rules. (Well, I did when I was young....!)
23.Read a page of the dictionary. (Not done this for inspiration, just because I don't understand....)
24.Create a framework. (Well, it's just another kind of list, isn't it?)
26.Got an idea? Write it down. (Well, it's just another kind of list, isn't it?)
27.Clean your workspace.* (It's on my list...)
28.Have fun. (You only have to read my blog...)!
29.Finish something. (This!)
Although this meme is obviously aimed at writers, I feel that it could equally apply to lots of
things in life. Some of them I'm relating to my blogging, others to, well, other things in my
life. I'm sure that those of you who know me well will smile wryly at some of them, laugh at
others and hopefully just go Oh! at some of the rest. Please enjoy and feel free to
steal....just like I did !