Friday, March 23, 2007

Good Ole US of A

So, I’ve been away for a couple of days and while hubby stayed at home and hacked all the tiles off the bathroom walls, I was off gadding about at important meetings and stuff. In addition there was also some preparation for the latest upcoming trip which is going to be 10 days in Arizona at a major event.

So our conversation over the dinner table turned to the forthcoming trip and it went something like this. EO*1 was getting quite animated:
  • EO: “It’s brilliant that we’re going to Arizona isn’t it...?”
  • Me: “Well, yes, I’m really looking forward to it”.
  • EO: “…and I was in touch with my friend TJ and he tells me that the Americans are going to be there….”
  • Me: “Well, they would be - its Arizona…”
  • EO (in a rather more excited tone): “…but the Americans are going to be there…”
  • Me: “I think they’ll be a lot of Americans there…”
  • EO: “…no, I mean the Americans
  • WW: “I still think there’ll be lots and lots of Americans there – you do know Arizona is in America don’t you?”

…at this point EO nearly threw her dinner at me*2 until she realised that I was deliberately misunderstanding her to wind her up…I knew all along that she meant the American team with whom she is quite friendly and who will also be at the same event.

*1 Eeyore’s owner – well, not his real owner obviously ‘cos that would be Christopher Robin wouldn’t it?
*2 There are worse things you can do with mass catering….like eat it!

No comments: