Thursday, March 08, 2007

I think I have been very quiet lately…

I think I’ve been quite quiet lately in my blog*1. This is mostly ‘cos I have a completely utterly boring life and I didn’t want to write blah blah blah, blah blah blah and all that stuff.

Seriously, I don’t know if it’s true that I have a boring life, as I do get to zot off all over the place on trips and stuff, but my life is not exciting in a sky diving, roller coaster kind of way. I wonder sometimes about what is (or what seems to be) an exciting life to another person. F’rinstance, is my life exciting to someone else, or do you have to be Victoria Beckham (you will love how verbose she is on this, her very own blog), before your life gets exciting or do you maybe have to be Ellen McArthur ? Do you suppose that poor ole Ellen when she is halfway across the Atlantic, freezing her nuts off (or would be if she had any) suddenly sits down and goes, ‘Gosh, isn’t this exciting?’ – or do you suppose that she ties another knot (or whatever it is she does out there) and thinks - ‘Gosh, this is boring – wish I had a telly so I could watch Sky One*2’. Maybe Victoria Beckham after doing her 3000th crunch before breakfast with her kid constantly interrupting her and wanting to know if he can have spaghetti hoops for breakfast –
with marmalade – thinks ‘Gosh, this is boring – I wish I could do something different with my life.’

What I’m trying to get at here is that surely it’s all just a matter of perspective. As they say (whoever they are) one man’s meat is another man’s poison but I guess mostly people think that something (anything) different from what they do would be more exciting. Grass is greener and all that…

As for me, well, often I think that all this excitement stuff is overrated. Give me a boring old night in with my best friend and a bottle of red or a good book and a nice warm room and I can be happy. That’s not to say that I’d trade in the exciting stuff, but it’s nice to have a balance…
Wine 4


*1 I had to add the term "in my blog" here as everyone who knows me knows that I cannot be quiet for any length of time at all. The term chatterbox was invented for people like me....
*2 This is another blog entry and one that I am still too furious to blog about ….watch this space for ranting and raving soon….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate. There really is an absence of excitement in my life. I just blog about whatever mundane thing pops into my head at the moment.

Oh, and Victoria Beckham. Someone needs to put her in a headlock and force feed the skinny little thing.