Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ah well, we had to come home sometime…

So, I’m finally home and back to the blog. I’m fairly brown from all that lovely sunshine with just a few white bits to prove that I started out pale (and interesting). I think I have spent too much time in the last week or so on a hammock though, as last night in the supermarket I sank (not so) gracefully to my knees to look at the cat food on the bottom shelf and (embarrassingly) then couldn’t get back up again. Thank goodness for hubby eh?

Anyway, we had a fab holiday all ways round and came home pretty relaxed by it all (which is what it’s all about). We went on an all inclusive package which is great if you like to eat and drink (or drink and eat depending on your priorities of course) and I tried more cocktails in a week than I have in my whole life before (discovering a new found love of Margaritas*1!).

So, we’re sat at breakfast (or was it lunch? In all inclusive all meals tend to blur into each other) and hubby and I were discussing how much we really needed this holiday after some of the events of the past couple of years (like umm, my surgery, the FIL’s illness etc) – things that on occasion have been pretty stressful. As usual I was doing most of the talking whilst hubby nodded and tried to look interested as I expounded on (yet again) my plans for 2008 (and beyond) after our nice rest.

“I don’t know sometimes though why I stick with it all” I said, “ I guess I’m just tenacious”.
“Aha!” said hubby with a flourish “That’s it, we have to get you a t-shirt now – and on the front of it - Tenacious P!”

That’s why I love hubby – he always makes me laugh…..Giggle 3

*1 Especially the frozen blended kind ............ mmmm alcoholic slush puppy.....

Homer CrawlingTequila

No comments: