Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The road to.......good intentions and all that!

So, here I am again and I bet you've all been wondering where I am. That's OK, after all, this blog is mostly about wondering, so I guess you had to have a turn sometime!

I guess I should say I'm sorry for being so quiet, but you know how it is, life just gets in the way sometimes....

I have been busy with my little car recently and that on top of getting a new PC up and running -I'm getting there obviously or there'd be no blogging at all, but it still tells me I have no memory when I boot it up! It's odd really, 'cos if I reboot it it suddenly remembers where its memory is and works fine...I don't think I will ever understand electronics...especially when I now have a PC that seems to suffer from dementia!

Anyway, my car has been a problem. It wouldn't have been, only someone broke into it. Now, It has got an alarm and a face off radio, but due to the fact that I had borrowed hubby's car for the weekend I didn't think to take the front off the radio, or ask him to set the alarm. Anyhoo, they got in by bending back the top of the door and this time managed to get in. They stole:
  • A packet of sweets with 3 sweets left in it
  • The front off the radio
  • The trim from the radio front
  • A pair of very furry, bright purple gloves
...all of which are of no use to them at all (unless they have cold hands of course...)

In the process, they bent the door and presumably out of sheer frustration that I don't store a million pounds in my glove compartment (which is locked by the way as it has an annoying habit of flying open when I hurtle round corners), they then bent the rear wash wiper arm. That'll be the one part that Honda have discontinued and I can't (yet) find anywhere. I have visions of red hot pokers and rusty saws and what I would do with them if I ever caught the little b*****ds!

Hubby took it down to the body shop for me and they bent the door back. Apparently it went something like this:

  1. Open door
  2. Place block of wood inside door near the bend at the bottom of the window
  3. Push top of door
Result after approximately 3 minutes work? A perfect fitting door!

"What does she owe you?" asks hubby. "
"Well", says the garage guy, "we could do with a new box of tea bags..."

So, that was it, I paid him in tea bags and threw in a box of biscuits too....

...they spoil me those garage guys.....

Kiss 3

No comments: