Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Imagine that...?!

It was early in the morning when we all met at the field for yet another day. The mist was gently rising from the mountains in the distance and the sky was deep blue heralding the start of a clear day with the promise of sunshine. It looked as if it was going to be a perfect day, but it was bitingly cold in the wind. It was one of those chill winds that had swept down from the Arctic Circle and cut right through to the metalwork (or bones for those mere mortals among you) and there was no hint that it would let up at all.

I was catching up with a few people that I hadn’t seen in a while when I saw DG coming across the field towards me. She was bundled up in lots of layers; wearing a heavy fleece and had her arms hugging across her stomach looking like she was trying really hard to keep warm. I guess it was because of her posture that I first noticed how large her stomach looked and since I hadn’t seen her for a while I wondered if there was a little bundle of joy on the horizon or if she was just gaining a few pounds....

“Hey, DG! Come here – how’s you? What’s with the bump?”

“Oh, that,” she said. “I’ve just got dreadful water retention!”

...and with that, and with something of a flourish, she pulls a hot water bottle out from under her coat!

We all fell about laughing – especially when she seemed so shocked at how quick she’d been – especially so early in the morning!


:warm me up:
This is the way to warm up...

No comments: