Wednesday, April 29, 2009

So where exactly is Munster?

We have just had a really nice weekend when the BUF and the VNSO came to stay. In fact, the only thing that might have improved it would have been Friday night (as they came on Saturday) and the chance to make a dent in my Merlot mountain – oh yes, and possibly a little more time to peruse Tesco’s finest*1!

Anyway, on Sunday, we were at the dining room table, having just played a board game and I got up to make a visit to the ‘little girl’s room’. Well, I wasn’t up for long, as my body and head were quite keen to get where they were going but my legs just stayed where they were and I went thump down on to the floor.

“Are you OK?” asked hubby.

I thought for a second...

“Um”, I said (rather experimentally) “Ow?”

“So”, came back his voice from the table, “Where is Munster?”

The fact that hubby just blithely carried on (well, his excuse is that I do fall over a lot!) resulted in much amusement...

So, I guess I know where I fit in the grand scheme of things....and that's somewhere behind scoring to find out who won the game I guess. But, do you know, it’s not that that worries me, it’s the fact that I fear that now whenever I chuck myself on the floor, some bright spark is going to pipe up “Where’s Munster” instead of “Are you OK?”!


Oh yes....and ......
Just Google It if you want to know!

*1 ‘In’ joke - sorry!

No comments: