Thursday, January 25, 2007

More topless photos

I just realised that I promised you all some more topless photos, so today I got topless and took them. Focus isn’t that great, but what do you expect with the camera balanced on top of the TV and the curtains closed so the lighting was poor. What do you mean, why didn’t I open the curtains? I was topless to take these, why do you think? I know we have a nice big fence, but I wouldn’t put it past the kid in the upstairs flat across the back lane to be hanging out of the skylight with a pair of binoculars*1 ….


Anyway, here are the results for you. I am now not far off 12 months post op and as you can see my scar is really very, very neat. All the redness is fading well and although I’m sure it will never disappear, its hardly ugly. The second photo also really shows up the fact that they didn’t do too much about the rib hump and I guess its worse that a lot of people would like in my situation. For me, I don’t care – I can’t really see it without twisting to look in a mirror – actually that’s not true. Pre-op I could twist to look in the mirror, but now – hah! Twist? No way…! So.. I can’t see it and if anyone else can, who cares?


Actually on the subject of twisting/bending etc, it is surprising how you can cope without it. I can still bend from the hips, its just my back doesn’t bend and I can still twist at the neck (but not in a Linda Blair kind of way) – in fact, my physio recently was surprised at how I could pick stuff up or look behind me with really minimal movement through my back. Good news really even if I did want to spend my life with hunky men at my feet picking up stuff that I drop (but not on purpose of course!)….

*1 Actually, I have no idea if there is such a kid, or even if the house with the roof-light is spilt onto flats but a girl can get paranoid when she’d topless - all sorts of scary things flash through your brain….OMG 3

3 comments:

lynne said...

PIPS--my scar looks the same as yours....it goes up the hip like yours & kind of round up on the bacl to the armpit....we're twins!!!! Yeah, yeah...bend at the hips...been there, done that...now my backs just cold in 10 degree weather here in Jersey-land....yikes!!! Lynne

Anonymous said...

Pips you have healed so well. Your scars look great. Did you apply copius amounts of vitamin E or what?

WarpedWoman said...

Just as a matter of interest, I didn't do anything to my scar in terms of cream or anything else. I did stay out of the shower/bath for several weeks post op because I had an infection in my chest drain site (that's the lower scar you can see). I don't know if this had any long term effect on healing. Other than that I just let nature take its course apart from doing regular stretches (very limited to start with). It does look good though and I am pleased. It is so much better than my original Spina Bifida scar (which is just plain ugly). Of course, that one has been opened up twice so that may have something to do with it....