Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Cars…don’t you just love ‘em….

So there I was, sitting in my nice comfy chair in a nice warm lounge waiting for the dinner to cook and hubby to come home. I was warm and snuggly and happy with life as I’d had a day where nothing had gone wrong (don’t you just love them!). Anyway, all that was about to change as hubby came in looking very cold and peaky and muttering things about doom and gloom and the state of the world. “We’ve got a problem” he says – “the car window is broken!”. Well, you know that thing where twenty thoughts all rush through your head at once? Yes? Well mine went something like this:
  • The car window is broken...
  • Someone broke it...
  • Someone broke in...
  • They will have stolen something...
  • That means insurance...
  • Even if they didn’t steal anything it still means insurance because the window was broken...
  • Oh no, we’ll have to call the police because otherwise the insurance won’t pay up...
  • The police are useless they’ll take all night just to do the paperwork...
  • Tea will spoil...
  • B*gger, there goes my evening...
  • And so on and so on up to twenty…
Well, that was it, coat on, and toddled outside to examine the damage. Turns out, that the mind race had been completely up the spout, it’s just that the poor window had fallen off its mountings and disappeared inside the door. There was just this little triangle of glass poking up out of the gap! No wonder hubby had looked cold and peaky – he'd had to drive back from the car park on the coldest night of the year with just a 3” triangle of glass between him and the outside world! Anyway, the electric motor was still working OK, so between us we managed to poke the button and push and pull the glass until it at least covered most of the hole and the evening wasn’t spoiled at all!

Just in case you want to know what has happened to it now, I took it to the garage and P@NGD managed to get it shut – he also disconnected the switch so it’s fixed where it is just for the time being. We’ll get it sorted when the weather is warmer I think…
Car 3

On the subject of cars, I took extreme pleasure this week in watching the 50,000 roll round in my little car. I also took it for its MOT and it passed first time. Now you may think that this is nothing exceptional for a car with such a low mileage, but when you consider that it is just a few months short of its 24th birthday, I think its pretty good. Now, next year it will be 25 years old and that will really be something – I definitely see the need for a party then….
Party 2

1 comment:

lynne said...

glad your window issue was semi...resolved....50,000 that stikes a chord with me...when I asked if I'm good & easy on my back, how long would he, my wonderful surgeon, estimate the whole fusion deal would last me...he smiled & said "what do you want..a 50,000 mile guarantee?"....well I just smiled....I gota car running on double of that..give me more mileage.....Ly