Thursday, April 19, 2007

I’m hooo-ome…..!

Well, here I am, back in Blighty and wondering when my jet lag is going to creep up and smack me in the face. I feel remarkably chirpy for someone who has just been travelling for 26 hours straight up. OK OK so I have some aches and pains and stuff but I’m in a good mood all the same.

The trip went, ummm well, it went, shall we just say that? I have to say that I have had better ones, but it wasn’t an unmitigated disaster so there you go. I did at least get a suntan even if it wasn’t the best way to do it.

You see, on the first day I looked at my suntan cream and thought I ought to have something stronger (having gone from a British almost winter) to the desert state sun. Now I don’t use a huge factor sunscreen, its not that I’m exactly olive, but I just don’t burn that easy so I though that rather than opting for my normal 8, I’d push the boat out and go for some 20 that I found lurking in the bottom of my case. I lathered it on and sat out all day (I have no choice in this given the nature of my sport) and by the end of the day was looking exceedingly pink on the arms. This is like the first time I have burned since well, I can’t remember when and everyone was there trying to tell me how hot it was and how I shouldn’t be surprised.
Sun Bathing
Well, I was surprised and the next day decided to try the factor 8 just in case there was a problem with the ole lurking bottle. What happened? Well, I was fine, no more burning for me. So then I fished out the bottle of factor 20 and turned it upside down. Expiry 08/02. Oh dear…..I think that explains that then…..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wb!

='.'=~~~~

Anonymous said...

How have you been? You hopped across the pond, didn't you?