Wednesday, October 17, 2007

More airplane stuff….

So, hubby and I were sat watching the news on the goggle box last night and I was manfully trying to keep my eyes open when the announcer stated dee dee dee deet breaking news…..breaking news….(Actually I lie here as there was no dee deeing at all, no ticker tape and nothing exciting really, he just looked at a piece of paper instead of a teleprompt so that was noteworthy in itself). Anyway….

“Breaking news, there has been a collision between two aircraft at Heathrow Airport” (he is handed another piece of paper), “We are receiving news that people are being evacuated from the aircraft”.

Evacuated! No sh*t! What else are they gonna do? Is the pilot going to say “Hey, let’s just take to the air and see if the wing falls off, shall we?” Is he going to say “I wonder what’ll happen if we try and get this baby up to 35,000 feet today then?” or even “Ah, never mind, it’s only a little dent – it’ll be fine…!”

I just love the news – always guaranteed to make a statement of the bleeding obvious…!

No comments: