Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Housekeeping....

I have been quite aware for a while that some of the links on my blog no longer work. I'd like to do something about this but everytime I try to Blogger gives me rude messages suggesting I update my template. Now, all that is fine and dandy, but I like this one....and I like it even more because when I started blogging as far as I was concerned, html might have stood for 'Have ten more lattes'. PTV did his best to put me right, throwing a few snips my way and numerous links to 'teach yourself html' and 'so you think you can write a blog eh...dummy?' and in time I designed most of this page from the bottom up, complete with all those weird characters (which I can't show you here or my page will look all funny) and a few other bits which I still don't understand them as I just stole them from someone else's site!

So, I think the time has come for some kind of redesign ...and I shall save this one just in case it all goes t*ts up. I suspect though that Blogger might never let me get out of their namby pamby babying world of the new easier template. I am sure that they are like Microsoft, who feel that they know what is easy for you. It's that kind of easy that Vista now asks you several times (instead of just once) if you wish to install new software by asking whether you actually want to do it or if you are actually allowed to do so....well, duh, sorry.....even if I wasn't allowed to do it do you think I would click the button 'No, cancel this installation, I'm not allowed!'

Bring back the good old days when computers thought you knew what you were doing even when you didn't and we all had so much fun staring at a big blue screen an wondering what to do next!

Speaking of big blue screens, hubby's laptop went phut recently and I just bought a new hard drive, fixed it and reinstalled everything - no mean feat when hubby has lost the driver disc and I had no idea what components were installed. I only tell you this because I feel pleased with myself ....and also so you know that when I am offline for ages whilst designing my new template, that it is not because I am complete idiot...!

Computer 3


No comments: