Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bravery and burglary!

Whilst I was off enjoying my stay in hospital (joking!) hubby called me up on my mobile:

“Now, I don’t want you to worry about a thing, there’s nothing to panic about”...
...of course, this immediately starts alarm bells ringing and I immediately want to panic...

He goes on to tell me that while he was visiting me in hospital the night before, someone had tried to break into the house and he came home to find the kitchen window wide open (having been forced from the outside) and Clumsy was at that point missing. Now Clumsy and Grace are both house cats, so it has been assumed that the burglars tried to get in and Clumsy went into guard dog(cat) mode and was at them teeth and nails and they ran away. He is getting all the credit for this even though the security light on the landing inside may have also had a part to play. Anyway, the good news is that they didn’t actually get in, nothing was taken and all we are left with is damage. Clumsy came home looking very smug and has said nothing about where he buried the bodies....
Cheshire Cat
It seems that they first got into the shed...now there’s another tale, as we had a garage broken into in our last house and they simply levered the padlock hasp off the door. Oh yes, the police told us, very common, those locks give easy, now what you do, is drill holes in the door and put washers on the inside so they can’t easily lever the lock. (And then he said Evening all and disappeared!) Well, it’s true, it works, the lock didn’t give so they just smashed the door down instead!

They took nothing from the shed apart from two left handed gardening gloves – (presumably to match the two right handed ones that they nicked from down the road??) and I fell to wondering about this area and gloves. What is it? Do all the burglars around here have cold fingers? When my car was broken into they stole some purple fluffy gloves and I have really little hands too. So they now have a pair of tiny purple fluffy gloves and one tiny left handed gardening glove (mine) and one large left handed gents gardening glove (hubby’s)...so I’m starting to wonder if we have a band of kleptomaniac amputees around here...?

No comments: