Monday, September 25, 2006

I am a bad blogger...

OK, OK, I admit it. I am a very naughty blogger who hasn’t written about anything for ages (well its about a week actually but who’s counting?). I have excuses (heck, I always have excuses, that’s why my ironing pile is crawling out the basket and is halfway up the stairs) – but this time I do have a proper reason for not writing anything. You see, hubby has had a week off and I thought he might be a bit peeved if I told him to entertain himself whilst I got on with communicating with the world! I’ve also been away again – nowhere exotic this time, but it all eats into my writing time.

I guess I should explain all this travelling a bit better, as I think I’m getting one huge jealous readership here and you all think I’ve got pots of money and time on my hands. You probably think that I’m some kind of hard hearted b*tch who goes off on holiday at the drop of a hat and that I don’t take hubby with me as I want him to not only pay for it until he looks like this I Need Vacation, but also to cat sit while I’m not around. You probably think that I’m off sunning myself on some foreign beach with one hunky male rubbing in my sun tan lotion whilst getting a foot massage from another and slugging down Pimm’s fruit cup. You may even think that after my romantic evening meal has ended with my ‘man in every port’, I’m there sipping midnight margaritas (with the laundry fairy*1 maybe?). (Pinches self) - Oops, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to tell you all my secret dreams….Winking 4

Nope, seriously, it’s just not as exciting as all that and I finally decided that you might like some kind of explanation of why I am off all the time, zotting around the world. I think I already mentioned to you that I’m involved in fairly high level sport – well, it’s because of this that I have to do trips, either for competitions or for training. My recent trip to China was a training trip and I hardly saw anything at all which was a real shame. I was there 10 days and in all that time we only had one free afternoon for sightseeing. You have to believe me when I say you can’t do much sightseeing in one afternoon, especially in the kind of gridlocked city where 3 marked road lanes are occupied by 5 rows of cars!! I have never seen anything like it in my life - mere inches between them, cars and lorries wing mirror to wing mirror and bicycles weaving in and out of every gap (I think the riders all have to breathe in to do this) and totally ignoring every stop sign or red light. Anyway, I have digressed – that’s the reason for the travelling – but you don’t have to worry, my sport’s a summer one, so you’ll have to put up with me constantly over the winter!

*1 You’ll have to see a much earlier entry for this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aha! That explains it. Still sounds very exciting, though.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you didn't say that you were traveling for your work, so it sounded like you must be spending all your retirement money already!! But don't mind me, I'm 10 weeks post-op and going stir-crazy (with no job or money!).

Deb - Cakedec