Friday, September 08, 2006

I’m back, I’m back (as a matter of fact…..)*

Well, I am back from my Turkish bath of a trip. Actually, where I went was nowhere near Turkey, although it may have been one of the more normal things that I ate during my visit. At a meal out organised by our hosts, goose feet*1 were served on the menu, as was crocodile stew and snake and scorpion soup. There were many other things too, many of which were untranslatable and that may have been just as well! Still a good time was had by all (I think) and that even included when the BMB was forced to get up and sing. J, don’t worry, even when he did his Tom Jones impression no-one threw knickers!

Anyway to those of you who are interested in what it is like travelling for nearly 24 hours when you had major spinal surgery just a few months ago I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I really don’t recommend it! I was very disappointed too that my metal work did not, on its own, set off the metal detectors. When you’re travelling through the airport in a wheelchair, those arch thingies are pretty much bound to start bleeping – I’d be more worried if they didn’t! Anyway, my friend got one of those hand held things waved over her and that was sensitive enough to pick up her bra strap. There I was going “Ooo. Ooo. Me next. Me next!!!” but they just let me go through. What a swizz eh? I guess I will have to try and persuade hubby to take me on lots of foreign holidays then maybe I’ll be able to report for sure…

So, here I am, back! I shall now be updating the blog on a halfway regular basis again – I’m now at 7 months too, so I shall be doing an update on that in the next few days. It does assume that I can get to the keyboard tho’ since it seems to be the latest residence of the cat. This is the same cat that when I came home, stuck his nose in the air and stalked out of the room very pointedly, only to rush back in after about 30 seconds and launch himself at me. I don’t think he’s learnt yet that 30 seconds doesn’t quite class as sulking…
Cat's Tail

*Please don’t try and guess where this is from. I’m almost ashamed to admit I know it myself!
*1I now know that under the skin of a goose foot is nothing but bone - I never did quite discover which bit we were supposed to be eating.

No comments: