Friday, August 25, 2006

You can’t keep a good girl down (or at home anyway)

In an effort to make as many of my friends jealous as possible I am going away again.Waving 3 This time, after having taking 10 days to escape the nightmare that is now Heathrow airport, I am heading off for another expedition. I am going to scale the mountain of unattended baggage, encounter the hairy hands of the body searcher and try and decipher the lost rules of what to take for hand luggage (if indeed anything). It may take some time and I am instructing hubby to send out search parties if there is no sight of me by the 7th of September (ready to report on my 7 month update on my back!).

Given my brief visit to home, I have lulled the cats into a false sense of security *1 and checked that hubby still has food in the freezer and enough petrol in the car to get to the supermarket. I have also washed everything that I took away with me last week since I need it again next week*2. I have caught up on my (eeeek, how many??) messages in my in-box, taxed and insured the car and even tried to catch up on my sleep. In the midst of it all, I even remembered my (faithful) readership and updated my blog. So, bear with me, I’ll be back….

*1 Hooray, mummy’s home, we can get fussed during the day….
oh, miaouw!, Angry Cat she’s gone again…


*2 Now there’s something I don’t understand.
  1. You go away
  2. Everything fits in your suitcase
  3. You wear your clothes and they get (slightly) dirty
  4. On the way home, your suitcase will not shut.
What is that about? I mean, just how big is dirt, when it is attached to clothes?

One final thing, I just checked the weather forecast for where I am going (umm that’ll be Heathrow won’t it?). It’s due to be 35ºC in the day (nice and warm) and 27ºC in the night (gasp!) and (wait for it) – a whopping 90% humidity at all times. Given the sporting activities that I’m supposed to be doing, I think I’m about to find out what it’ll be like to do them in a warm bath…..


Bathing

No comments: