Tuesday, June 12, 2007

There’s catching up to do....and I'm being slow about it....

So, I came back from the US of A to find hubby was quite excited. My first thought was that he was pleased to have me home but it wasn’t that at all…..the drain man had really been. I mean he had really, really been. He had really been here, had really lifted the cover and had really cleared the drain of all its debris. D’you know, you can see water in the bottom of it! And when it started raining (which it did for about two weeks solid) the water ran down the hill and into the drain. OMG, I cannot believe how excited I am that it’s been done and how disappointed that I can’t bake it a cake.

Now of course all I have to do is make sure I don’t drop my keys down it…*1


*1…and don’t tell me that I am the only person in the world who gets a death grip on their keys when they find that they have parked over an drain and have to unlock the car? *2
Twitch

*2OK OK, so you are one of those posh people with a ‘hoofer doofer’ for your car when you just press a button and the doors unlock and the lights flash – well, you have to remember that my car is 24…. I think hoofer doofers were something else entirely then.

1 comment:

Kevin D said...

Hiya,

Great post again!

Please email me info at fuelmyblog.com as I need to assign an email against your blog on fuel, we just re-launched and your blog is one of only ten on fuel without an email!

Kevin