Monday, July 23, 2007

Boasting…

So, here it goes, I am going to boast some just ‘cos I impressed even myself last week.

Hubby and I had been out for the day and when we got home there was a car sized space directly outside our house. I was driving hubby’s car which is rather bigger than mine and in my optimistic little way decided that I could get the car in there even though the space looked a touch on the small side. Well, the other option was to park on the other side of the street and we had stuff to unpack and it was raining too – what would you have done?

I reversed in (parallel like) and wiggled back and forth a few times until I seemed to be about in – it was a real ‘thank God I’ve got power steering’ moment but eventually I turned off the engine happy with where I was. I got out and looked at the kerb - both front and back tyres touching the kerb – good! Then hubby peers around first the front, then the back of the car – he looks impressed and then decides to measure the gaps. So, there was 8” at the front of the car to the car in front and 4” at the back of the car to the car behind. That’s a space just one foot longer than the car and I managed to get in it and end up parallel and close to, the kerb. Truly I was impressed.
Clapping 5

There, boasting over, I shan’t do it again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome - I haven't been able to park like that since I lived in Cardiff!

These days I just can't be arsed to do all that manoeuvring, particularly if I'm late for work: if I can't drive straight in I just go somewhere else. I always get in close to the kerb, though: there seem to be a lot of Formula 1 hopefuls around here, and I value my wing mirrors.
='.'=~~~~