Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I didn’t say how I did too much!

Well, there I was re-reading my last entry (I do that you know to spot all those typos that slip through the net*1) and realised that I never said how I managed to do too much, which was a pity when it was done for the best possible reason – we had a party!

Now we had a smallish party this year (yes, we do have one most years) but of course all our best friends came (the A list ones as the BUF would say) and yet again I am reminded of what a great bunch of people they are. Now this could just be because if they weren’t great they wouldn’t be my friends (I think this a comment about them, not me) but anyway we like to see them and catch up and all that kind of stuff that you do at parties. What’s even better is the fact that after a late night (only 1.30am in my case) you come down in the morning and they have got stuck into comparing their dishpan hands and the kitchen is all clean and tidy. Thanks guys….

Even with a pretty small group of people, with some similar interests too, I am always surprised at the random nature of some of the conversations that take place. At one point, the conversation turned to fashion phases when we were young. I admitted to being a punk and no-one admitted to ever wearing any kind of Bay City Roller tartan outfit (but yes, I suspect I know who they are…). Anyway, ND (New Dad) was talking about his wife (NDW):

ND: “She went through a Goth phase you know”
AORL*2…: “Oh…??”
ND: “Well, she wasn’t really too Goth, more of a half Goth…”
AORL: “So what does a half Goth wear?”
VNSO*3: Grey….

Giggle 3…a certain amount of chortling ensued….Giggle 3

*1…and slip through and slop through…
*2 Any other random listener
*3: see here

No comments: