Tuesday, July 03, 2007

With friends like these…

So, yet again I was away (I seem to that a lot, don’t I?) and early one morning (well, it seemed that way to me*1) we were out in a field in the cold and damp. Now, just so you don’t get the wrong idea about where I go when I am away, sometimes its really nice, like earlier in the year in the States, when all we had to contend with was the searing desert heat, strong wind, cactus spikes (great for wheelchair tyres), snakes and scorpions – but more often than not, it is in some field in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of England and it’s cold, windy and often raining! Anyway, having set the scene before all those ramblings (cold, damp, middle of a field remember?) we were all trying our best to look bright eyed and bushy tailed and not to be too grumpy with each other. MY (being very bright eyed and bushy tailed) did his usual thing of trying to get us all warmed up and somewhat less grumpy than we were before, by getting us to sit in a ring and do some gentle physical exercise. Of course, this rarely works, as when we are cold and grumpy the last thing we all want to do is physical exercise (personally my thoughts turn to duvets and hot coffee), but there you go, it has to be done so we do it. It doesn’t mean we are quiet about it – oh no, there’s lots of moans and groans and MY comes in for a certain amount of abuse, but he gives as good as he gets in return.

So, there we are doing our stretches Stretchesand waving our arms around and MY then leads us on to the torso twist. I ineffectually move my arms around a bit and discover that nothing has changed, since my op I just can’t seem to turn at all. MY (cruel man) yells out – “Come on WW, twist will you?!! Well! I don’t know - anyone would think you had a rod down your back….!”

Hmmm……. very funny MY…..

*1I think that anything before around 10.30 am should be defined as stupid o’clock and anything before 9 is (as hubby puts it) “up at crack of sparrow fart” (which I always love as an expression….)

No comments: