Monday, July 30, 2007

Sometimes you just have to give in to it…

Today has not been one of my best days and there may be a little sneaky voice inside me that is telling me that maybe I just did too much over the weekend. Of course, there is also a much louder more insistent voice that is saying ‘don’t be daft, you just slept awkward’, but I don’t really believe it. You see I woke up stiff, err, that would be very stiff and eventually (with the aid of my bed leaver) managed to roll myself over and stare bleakly at the curtains. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing; it looked like sunshine – the other side of my curtains, in Britain, where we have had nothing but rain for what seems like an eternity. I was certain, I was sure that in the dim recesses of my memory I remember something called sun and it looked just like that! So, I willed myself to leap out of bed and run to the curtains, pull them back with enthusiasm and verve and rush out to cut the grass or something. Did it happen? Nope – remember, I was stiff, so I cussed a bit and rolled back over and gave in to lying there for another hour until I felt able to get up and go – all the time desperately hoping that the sun wouldn’t by then have got up and went!

Ah yes, for those of you wondering if it did, it didn’t. I am sitting here with sun streaming through the window feeling like I should be doing stuff but (just for once) being sensible given the start I had today. It does remind you though that you may have had half a Meccano set fixed inside you but the surgeons were right - it’s not a cure for everything – and it’s only supposed to stop you getting worse. I am now fast approaching my 18 month mark (8th August) and will do a full update then, but it’s worth bearing in mind if you’re considering surgery yourself.

No comments: