Friday, September 28, 2007

Will you miss me?

So, here I go again – off deserting hubby and the pussy cats and heading for the far side of the world. I shall be gone for the best part of two weeks and hope it’s a good trip. I can honestly say that I am looking forward to it very much apart from the flight – long flights play havoc with the metalwork. I know most people find they get a bit stiff sitting for all that time so just imagine how it feels if you’re pretty rigid to start with. Still, every time I think how much fun it is (not) I remind myself that before surgery it was agony due to the seat arm sticking in my side (or to be more precise my side sticking into the seat arm). Anyway, it should all be good fun!

Now, we’ve known I was going on this trip for ages and although the dates kept changing, they were all within a fairly small time frame so you wouldn’t really think it would have crept up on me- but in a way it has. I guess that’s why I’m packing today (or at least I should be if I wasn’t sitting here typing this (oops!)). Seriously, I have been very organised and prepared and packing has just been a case of chucking stuff on the bed and then into a bag or two. I even know that I am going to go over the weight limit but don’t care. Does it weigh too much? Yes! Do I need it? Yes! There, not worth worrying about, is it? As they say, its only money. Actually the people who say its only money are usually those who have it, but still, sometimes life’s just to short to get your knickers in a twist (I think this should be adopted as a new proverb, don’t you?).

So as you can see I am quite laid back and chilled about the whole trip. I was even calm when I went to pack my Mp3 player and discovered that that cat has eaten my ear buds (again!). I wouldn’t mind apart from the fact of the ‘again’ part – he loves them….I have no idea if he likes the long tangly cable or if he is just addicted to ear wax, but either way, he chomps his way through them if I don’t lock them away!

Have fun when I’m away….
Waving 3

No comments: