Thursday, August 07, 2008

Legs and more legs.

I know quite a few disabled people and when I go away there tends to be quite a lot of us in wheelchairs and the like, causing mayhem everywhere we go*1.

Last entry, I mentioned my ‘leg’. But what I didn’t say is that EO now also has a new leg of the same kind as mine (but black not purple). Talk about coincidence though – I turned up at a weekend away to tell her about my purple leg and she tells me she had a ‘leg’ made too and we got them within days of each other. Well, it turned out, that we ended up sharing a room at this trip away and at bedtime we compared our AFO’s. Her’s is a left leg and mine is a right so we had a tremendous amount of fun with a completely non matching pair – and added to the laughter factor is the fact that she is way taller than me and so too is her leg. I’m afraid to say we had some very silly moments with a pair of legs and wondering what we could do to frighten the chambermaid by dressing them up in shoes and socks and leaving them in the bed....

*1 Believe me, with 12-15 people in wheelchairs all at the same time and the same place, mayhem happens...we don’t work at it, it just is!

No comments: