Tuesday, October 14, 2008

More tales of choking

Now reading the last heading, I’m sure friends of mine nodded sagely as if they were sure what was coming and then were completely confused. You see, I have been choking a lot while eating for a while now...well, not exactly choking, more a kind of eyeball popping effort to get my dinner down as food seems to be getting stuck in my gullet. I’ve had the camera down the throat thing (yum yum...not!) and it showed, well, nothing actually, and now I am waiting for more tests. I can’t eat my dinner properly and the NHS tell me that I should be seen in around 5 months time. This means a visit to the BUPA hospital as I just can't stand waiting that long....mind, don't forget, we do have the best National Health System in the world.....don't we?

Anyway, I have had various suggestions from people as to what the problem might be and while they all sound plausible, there’s no answer yet. Someone even suggested that I have a screw loose and it’s poking in the wrong direction – I do hope not as it would be a long way off target! It is interesting though as this problem started after my surgery and has gradually got worse over time. So, watch this space, maybe I will make medical history yet....

No comments: