Monday, December 19, 2005

Why are we waiting - why-hi are we waiting....?

Well, I guess this brings me to the present and to all that happens next. I have recently had a review appointment in which I was asked if I still wanted to go ahead with the surgery. I simply don’t see that there is any other sensible alternative for the future. The thing that scares me the most, is the uncertainty of it all – both in having or even in not having the operation. If I don’t have it I am pretty much certain that I will continue to get worse – it would be very strange for things to stop progressing for me and to suddenly wake up one day completely pain free. This is however much I really hope that this would happen. Given that this is the most unlikely scenario in the world, then what choice do I really have if I want to face my old age with some sensible quality of life. As I see it, none, so I said yes, I still wanted it done.

The wait still goes on though and my latest information is that it will be sometime between January and March. This will put my wait for surgery at around 18 to 21 months – yet another recommendation of the jolly old National Health Service. At least it means I will have Christmas at home and the chance to get totally unfit and overweight by eating too much turkey and too many chocolates. A couple of days nil by mouth should sort out those extra pounds tho’!

No comments: