Thursday, December 29, 2005

Well, Christmas has come and gone...

...and I had a really nice time. I ate just the right amount, drunk a bit too much and had loads of great pressies! In addition to that I smiled at more people than I normally do (and that's saying something as I grin inanely (or is that insanely) at lots of things and people and animals and even small babies sometimes - even if it it frightens them!)

Then there was the benefit of Christmas spirit - you know, all those people who would normally just snarl and push past you, or steal your parking place or force their way into a traffic jam (having just sailed up the outside lane that everyone has known was closed for the last 3 miles (grr - pet hate!)) - well, even they smiled and said - hey it's Christmas - lets just be patient. On such small things the world turns and I am grateful for them. It's snowing outside here - I'm going out for the evening and soon it will be New Year - life is pretty good. To all my readers, I hope your New Year is happy, healthy and prosperous!

No comments: