Friday, November 24, 2006

Coming to a sticky end?

I have some trousers sitting in a bucket of water in my hall – do you want to know how they got there???

Well, there I was, sitting at the computer, getting ready to write my latest blog entry, when I heard much cursing and swearing from above. Bad Language It was hubby, and was coming from the direction of his hobby room. Immediately following the cussing etc, there was the sound of angry footsteps (a wife can always tell angry footsteps before any other kind) and much banging and thumping. I sat tight – it just didn’t seem to be a good idea to get involved at this stage but had many mental images of what had gone wrong….had his laptop just crashed and he’d thrown it across the room in a rage? Had a cat gate-crashed the room and got thrown across the room in a rage? Had a car crashed into the outside of the house and was hubby preparing to roll up his sleeves and shout at the driver? Well, it turned out to be none of these things, as hubby then came down the stairs. “Uumm”, he asked sheepishly, “any ideas on how to get PVA glue out of trousers?” It turns out that a largish amount of PVA glue miraculously spilt itself over his trousers (and his sweatshirt and the floor and the desk….). He claims to have cleaned the carpet (and tells me not to worry as it is A) under the desk and B) dries clear) so I left him too it – just got him to whip his trousers off and stick them in a bucket of cold water. The carpet is probably stiff and shiny but its hubby’s hobby room and no one will ever know unless I tell them…..Er, I wonder if blogging about it counts as telling?

Anyway, so that is how I now have a pair of trousers soaking in a bucket in the hall – so the mystery is solved….

Oh yes, and since I have been so frugal with my use of smilies in this post and because the whole incident was quite bizarre, I shall reward myself with the following one....just because I like it and it's bizarre too....

The Knights Who Say Ni

No comments: