Friday, November 17, 2006

I'm back

I’m back (as a matter of fact, as a matter of fact I’m back) *1. Now I know you are all agog to know why I haven’t been blogging and must have guessed that I have been away. Well, you were right (and to the rest of you who just though I was being lazy – fie on you). I have actually been away visiting A of A&T fame (remember them?). Since A is my very best friend, it was great to spend some real quality time with her and her hubby. Somehow we ended up going shopping and spent enough money that we couldn’t carry our lunch tray to the table since we were so laden down with bags and had to rely on the hunky young man at the till to help us (well, that was our excuse anyway…). We each maintain that the other is a bad influence – which is just the way it should be when two women go shopping together! So, it was a great trip – must do it again soon I think.

Apart from gadding across the country in my little car (yay!), the only other thing I have done recently is to finally get round to reading the Bridge of San Luis Rey. Having heard that it was a philosophical delight and reading reviews that said things like “Wow!” and “Extraordinary” I had been looking forward to it for some time. In the end I was pretty disappointed – maybe I expected too much, or maybe generations of English teachers have been making things up about it in order to fill up lesson time. If you’ve read it and think differently, let me know – I’m always up for a bit of philosophical debate – just warn me in advance and I’ll get the red wine in!
Drinking 2


*1Yes, I really am old enough to remember when he was just a pop star!!

No comments: