Tuesday, November 28, 2006

More fool me?

So, last weekend we had visitors – PTV and HLW came down to see us and it was really great to see them. I love seeing friends, eating good food (even if I say so myself since I cooked it), drinking red wine and enjoying good company….

On Sunday we went out to visit a castle where we could dream about winning 120 million on the Euro Lottery and spend it on living like kings …..seriously, we did the local history thing ‘cos I think we all like to. I like the architecture and the history and I know the LW loves knowing what made the original owners tick whilst both hubby and PTV seem to relish the opportunity to poke into every corner and behave like schoolboys. Hubby always likes to get a guidebook and do the tour guide thing for the rest of us – this worries me sometimes as I am always afraid that we will pick up a busload of Japanese tourists and they will follow us home and we will have to give them all tea! (I’m sure that I dreamt that once too…)

Anyway, I decided to go tramping all over the castle with the best of them, up and down the spiral staircases with my walking sticks and on my feet for ages. I did fine although I gave up at the last tower and didn’t go to Lady Margaret’s bedroom (I’d heard it was haunted anyway so I had a good excuse!). My legs (and my back) held up all the way round and I thought that with a rest in the afternoon that I had done just fine. Sadly, I woke at 2am in pain and with no pills in the bedroom so had to toddle downstairs to get some and finally got off to sleep again when they kicked in. Now I bet you’re either asking yourself
  1. why I was stupid enough to do the castle (when the answer is because I wanted to) or
  2. why I’m bothering to tell you all this.

Well, I thought I’d tell you because of today – you see today, although a bit stiff, I’m actually pretty OK. In my pre-op days I would have still done the castle (because I wanted to) and would have ended up in pain just the same, but today I would have had to write off while I recovered. That’s great, isn’t it?

2 Thumbs Up

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like quite the adventure.