Thursday, December 13, 2007

Selective hearing I guess…

We were in bed recently and hubby was apologising for not doing something that I hadn’t asked him to do (how bizarre is that?) and I mentioned that I hadn’t asked him to do it.

“Ah” he said “but I want to help you – I don’t think I do enough to help” …

…which anyone who has followed this blog from the early days will know is patently not the case.
Thank You 4

“But I didn’t ask you to do it” I said “So that’s fine – if I’d have wanted you to do it I would have asked and then if you hadn’t done it I’d then have had reason to complain”

“You never complain” said he…

…which again is patently not the case……

I’m guessing here that he doesn’t realise that I complain all the time, its just that once a man has been married for more than 5 years his hearing starts to go (but only in a very selective kind of way*1 as mention of food, alcohol and hobbies all elicit a response*2) – so how would he know whether I complain or not?

*1 like any time I am talking?
*2 actually, spending money also elicits a response, just not the same kind…(OJ - dear!)! Nodding 3

No comments: