Wednesday, February 14, 2007

So sad...

Today I heard the very sad news that someone from one of the scoliosis forums died after complications from her scoliosis surgery. She was due to be fused from T6 to L3 through a posterior only incision which is supposed to be the most risk free way to do it. She had a very experienced surgeon but the anaesthetist made a mistake which meant that blood ended up being pumped into her lungs and she suffered a massive stroke which ultimately led to her death.

Her surgery took place exactly 12 months after my surgery and so I felt some kind of connection with this lady whose thoughts, concens and fears were the same as for us all. She was only 31 and will be missed by us all on the forum.

It is very sad and I want to join in with so many other people in sending warm thoughts and sympathy to her family....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It has been on my mind ever since I heard the news. I can't begin to imagine the pain her family must be going through.