Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Harry Potter and the Post Surgery Fug

Last week we went to see the latest Harry Potter film and I really enjoyed it. Without giving the game away (in case you haven’t seen it) it has some great performances (although not by Daniel Radcliffe obviously*1) in it. I especially like Alan Rickman, doing his very best Sheriff of Nottingham performance*2 as Snape*3 and Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge is brilliantly mean in a very pink and fluffy kind of way.

Of course, the new book is out too and we have bought a copy. Now, I was talking to a friend of mine and they said that they couldn’t really remember too much about the last book and wish that they had re-read it before starting on HP and the Deathly Hallows. So, I wondered if this might be a good idea myself and looked on the bookshelf for our copy of HP and the Halfblood Prince. I couldn’t find it anywhere but I was sure that I had read it…

Later that night I asked hubby about it – “Well we both read it”, he said, “Maybe we borrowed it from the BUF? Anyway, you must remember it; it’s the one with the potions…” “Potions?” said I, “I don’t remember any potions! I think I remember that I read it but I can remember absolutely nothing about it at all. I think maybe I read it while I was in my post surgery fug…”

There’s no answer to that really apart from buying a new copy…just off to Amazon now then….

*1He certainly never learned the art of smiling in acting school!
*2I still think “You - my room, 10:30 tonight. You - 10:45. And bring a friend.” Is one of the finest film lines delivered anywhere, by anyone…apart from possibly the threat of cutting one’s heart out…with a spoon…!
*3..and who else could deliver this line in response to Harry Potter’s: “Sir, it's Quiddich tomorrow!” - Snape: “Then I suggest you take extra care, Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you.”

Wizard 3

1 comment:

lynne said...

I absolutely loved the latest HP movie. I went with my 2 boys!! unfortunately we lost power(the theater) due to a thunder storm halfway thru,, & had to go back to start over again a few days later....well worth it...Lynne