Tuesday, August 07, 2007

How DG got her name

DG is a very good driver (or so she tells us) but I did get a little concerned when she told me that she had run over a man.

“Why did you do that?” I asked.
“Well”, she said, “He was stood in front of my car so I ran him over”

This was not really the answer that I wanted when she had just offered me a lift….

What made it worse, was that later details revealed that she was in a car parking space at the time and he was on the pavement in front of her car…and yes this does mean that she should have been in reverse to get out of the space! *1

Anyway, that should have been that, but she turned up on Wednesday and said that she had run into a wall. The excuse was something about trying to get to a field though a gap that wasn’t quite wide enough for her car. Her dad was not best pleased about it either cos she (as a poor struggling student), didn’t have enough money for the £150 garage bill and he had to cough up.

“Never mind” I said “At least you have it back now”
“Yes” she said “but my dad’s still not at all pleased with me”.
“Why not?”, I asked, “ Isn’t it all over now?”
“Not exactly” she said, “2 days after I got the car back I tried to get through the gap again and hit the same bit of wall”.

Hmm, that car of hers obviously hadn’t gone on a strict enough diet whilst in that repair shop…

Smart Car

*1No men were harmed in the writing of this blog. Ummm and yes I believe the man was actually OK. I don’t think she had quite reached 60 from a standing start by the time she had hit the pavement…

No comments: