Monday, May 08, 2006

It’s 3 months to the day and the “End of the Blog is Nigh”……….

Actually that’s a bit of a fib – I don’t actually intend finishing my blog completely – it’s just that my scoliosis surgery story is nearly over (I hope). I know that when I have avidly read other peoples blogs I found that they went through the same agonising before surgery as me, they went through surgery just like me and then they went back to their normal lives and never entered a single word in their blog again. Just like that! No goodbyes even! Sad People the far side of the world get involved in your life (and you in theirs) you’re drawn together by a common interest (ok, ok a medical condition is hardly an interest - you wouldn’t actually decide to have scoliosis would you?). Anyway it seems a shame not to say goodbye - so I thought I’d like to say something in the best Oscar traditions.

I thought what I’d do is update you about my back, monthly and then maybe at 3 monthly intervals – I always want to know how people feel 3 months down the line or 6 months or a year or 2 years (5 years 10 years?) & so maybe you do too. I’ll put something in the blog each time to say when I’ll next be back with an update (and try and be a real organised bunny and at least get close to the right date) – maybe then you won’t feel as bereft as I did……(of course I’m probably typing this for my own benefit as you’re all fed up and went down the pub ages ago…)
Goodbye......................... Drinking Beer
I have to say that I did think of just doing these ‘back’ updates (err, that sounds odd - can you actually have back updates – I mean doesn’t that suggest something about behind you being in the future?) – oops there I am, digressing again – and in addition making no sense at all….! Anyway, just like it says in the title, I’ve been wondering about it and in the end I decided that I’ve had a load of fun doing this blog so will continue writing. I see no reason why, just ‘cos I’ve said goodbye, I can’t continue with the mindless drivel. Well, why shouldn’t I? - It’s my blog and I’ll write what I want to………

Next scoliosis only update will be at around the 8th June 2006.
- please note - this is a before and after shot!

Next non-scoliosis update will be – umm, well, it might even be tomorrow – who can tell in this crazy mixed up world…

No comments: