Thursday, May 04, 2006

OK, OK, I’ll own up to it...

Ok I own up. I am a bit fed up but probably not in the way that you’d expect. I am normally a pretty busy person and even now that I’m limited in what I can do, I am still keeping myself busy with various hobbies. It’s just a case of picking the right hobbies to get on with (I’ve got a lot to choose from!). So it’s not that. I am actually a bit fed up with the fact that I was a reasonably fit person before the surgery. Now not that I was ever going to be a marathon runner (Laughing 2), but I can swim just fine, and a long way, and pretty fast – in fact, I generally go (went pre-op) to the pool a couple of times a week to swim a long way. Well, not at the moment I don’t and my fitness level is going through my boots*. No swimming, no resistance work, no anything. Just sit around and watch your blood pressure go up and your stomach expand that’s what my surgeon said. Actually, I’m fibbing, he didn’t say the last bit, but that’s what it feels like and do you know what I am fed up with most? It’s the choice, that’s what. I would like t be able to choose what I can do, based on whether I feel up to it but nope, I’m not allowed until my fusion looks good ‘clinically and radiologically’. Nuts!

*Actually a friend of mine said to me “it’s OK, you don’t lose total fitness levels for 12 weeks”. I stop and ponder how long recovery is likely to be– “oh well that’s OK then!” (Sarcastic thanks Sarcastic Thumbs Down) – I am wondering how she ever got to be a friend at this point…..

No comments: