Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My daily moan...

Most people think hubby is a pretty straight guy, even when they’ve known him for some time, but altho’ he’s not in the same league as the cat, he does have his loopy side. In fact he can be quite mad at times – I would give details but it would be far too embarrassing (mostly to me!). I however do distinctly remember a ‘works do’ (his not mine) where he was truly on form
and one of his colleagues mentioned to me that she didn’t realise he was as much fun as he is. I think lots of my friends who don’t know us/him well think the same, as he does put on a very sensible face to the world - unlike me. After all, I’m sure it’s plain to the whole world that I am mad (or at least when I wear my tie died trousers (oh yes I do – and even with legs like mine…!!) Tapping Head Anyway, all this got me thinking to how we all put a ‘face’ on for the world. Take my surgery, just cos I’ve had a nice juicy blood transfusion, I am all pink and rosy cheeked (actually, I am pretty rosy cheeked most of the time although it may normally have something to do with a nice glass of red….) Then there’s the thing that I smile a lot – I do, I have a big cheesy grin on my face most of the time, especially when I am with people I like , so, given a combination of the two, I usually look in great health, even when I feel like sh*t! It’s not fair really – here I am, having gone through major surgery, and having been told that I can’t lead anything like a normal life for ages and ages and ages and I look like I’ve just come in from a gentle jog! Nah, that’s not true, that would mean I was all puffed out and sweaty, probably with grazed knees where I’d fallen over – umm think of something else where you look fit and healthy, please ….
....please note - I am not really moaning here - it's good to look healthy. I guess I was just a bit short on blogging ideas today and needed a good excuse for some cute smilies....

No comments: