Friday, May 19, 2006

The lights in the sky

Did I ever mention that we have two cats and that one of them is completely nuts whilst the other is just a bit barking? !!! No, don’t be silly, they miaow, not bark, but I mean just that she’s just a bit mad as opposed to totally loopy like the other one. Actually, he, the lunatic doesn’t go miaow either (or at least not often), mostly he just chirrups and burbles, but now I am getting completely off the point….

One day, whilst lying in bed reading, the bedside light reflected off my nice shiny metal bookmark onto the ceiling and ever since, he spends a large amount of his time in the bedroom looking upwards waiting for it to reappear. One the one occasion when it did so close to the wall, he leapt upwards off the chest of drawers hurling himself without thought in pursuit of his new alien pal. He hit the wall and slid downwards into the gap between the chest of drawers and the wall – this was a shame for him, as the gap is actually slightly less than cat sized and he ended up like a cork in a bottle! You see – he’s definitely completely mad! Anyway, I now hide my bookmark under the bedclothes when I read, but he still keeps looking upwards!
Cat's Tail
We can only hope that he improves in the future but in the meantime, as hubby says - “Keep watching the skis”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are your cats Siamese or part Siamese? They are notorious for doing crazy things like this. I have a small dog, Pekingese, who has climbed from a chair onto the couch sitting right beside it in order to get to us, but there was a crack in between, and the same thing happened to the dog as to your cat!

Love your blog, by the way. I am awaiting surgery soon for 65T, 75L curves in the US.

Deb (Cakedec on the Scoli forum)