Sunday, July 30, 2006

I feel like I'm at the Oscars ...

Hubby and I just threw a party to celebrate(?) his coming of age, or of becoming half the age of an antique or something like that…

It was great and loads of our really close friends came to visit – the first time I have seen many of them since my operation. I am so grateful for them all turning up but even more so to them all for washing up, clearing up and generally tidying up whilst I sat there perched on a stool. Apparently I was supposed to be ‘giving directions’*1, but I know it was all done to help me out and I am really eternally grateful. Now in best Oscars tradition I would like to thank ummm, well everyone. There are a few ‘special’ people out there – the B.U.F. *2 for one and my (soon to be famous) author friend for another, but to single them out would be unfair, when I saw lots more than two pairs of dishpan hands. Anyway (she says wiping a tear from the corner of her eye Crying 8) thank you everyone – you not only made the party special by your presence, but made it easy on me too. Thank you!
Thank You

*1 And just how complicated is it to load a dishwasher that I need to give instructions?
*2 I’ll tell you another time…

BTW, all that sitting around watching other people work, has made me very tired and I am off to sleep for a week so blogging is going to temporarily cease….

No comments: