Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Finishing today?

I have been promised that today the builders will be leaving. I just hope they finish the work first. Grin 5 Seriously they are getting on well today and everything seems to be taking shape – dunno why they have to work in such a mess, but it’s their mess so I’m not getting involved as long as they clear it up after themselves. (Eeek - don't I sound like my mother!!*1) What they have finished looks really good so I’m not questioning the quality of their work at all – just their timekeeping….

Anyway, the boss came to the door this morning to ask how I was going to pay, cash or cheque. Oh good question, I thought, I always keep over a thousand pounds in used fivers stuck in my back pocket – I was wondering why it was so difficult to sit down…
Monopoly MoneyMonopoly MoneyMonopoly MoneyMonopoly MoneyMonopoly Money
Methinks the sarcasm would be lost on him so I said “Cheque, does it make a difference?” (thinking there might be a discount for cash or something). Nope he said – no difference at all - he just wanted to know one way or the other. I wondered though – maybe he too was wondering how he would be able to sit down with that many used fivers in his back pocket - might make it difficult to drive - after all, his legs aren't that long....

*1 Note to self - must stop that....

No comments: