Saturday, June 17, 2006

Me and my big keyboard

I just knew that publishing stuff on the big ole World Wide Web that says the building work is going well will just put the kybosh on it. That is whatever a kybosh is – I mean, what a weird word! Aha ….. (simple Google search later)…. so, this is the truth behind it!

Anyway, in builder speak, I have discovered that getting it finished by the weekend does NOT mean they will work on a Saturday to do so. I’m actually now wondering which weekend they are talking about….

Good news is that the phone ‘fixed itself’ (after a bit of wire wiggling) – don’t think the damage to the drain will be fixed by a bit of wiggling tho’…

Oh yes, and even though I know that my domestic/building arrangements are of no interest to you at all, I shall continue with them just in case I need to ‘name and shame’ all those involved …
Ashamed

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All together now:

"It was on the Monday morning that the Gas Man came to call..."

WarpedWoman said...

Yup.....I even linked through to it in my last entry so now you can all sing along....

WarpedWoman said...

Or was it the entry before...

http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/2006/06/how-do-you-breed-this-type-of-builder.html

Anonymous said...

Damn, I didn't follow that link! Sorry!