Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Tomorrow's the day!

Yeah, I know it's normally today's the day, but tomorrow I have to get up early to leave the house and won't be bothering to update you before I go - sorry!

I bet you're all wondering why the rush to get out of the house, well, tomorrow is my big review appointment where they dash my hopes of driving again... No, seriously it's where they get to do my next 'big' check and let me know how many of my restrictions will be lifted. I'll let you know how it goes (probably on Friday 23rd).

Oddly, after all the phoning to demand an appointment, they sent me a letter (that wasn't odd, the next bit was), followed up with another letter for a second appointment in a months time. Now, I am sure I don't need two appointments 1 month apart, but I guess I have slipped through the system (again!). I have decided not to phone them and advise them of their mistakes just in case I get the BML again (eek!) and that she tells me tomorrows appointment is off. I have also decided not to call them just in case the second letter was supposed to contain those magic lines "due to circumstances beyond our control we have cancelled your appointment for blah and replaced it with this one blah!.."*1. I figure that once I am there, they will have to see me, like it or not - after all, the sight of a grown woman lying kicking and screaming on the floor is likely to upset the rest of the patients after all!
Temper Tantrum 2
Ah yes, and finally, as I'm sure you are all just dying to know and I will be overloaded with comments if I don't tell you....the builders did actually finish yesterday; they did a very nice job and cleared up after themselves. I am happy, hubby was happy when he came home from work and the cats are happy that it's all gone quiet again. I just wish everything else in life could be solved so simply.........

*1 ...and I've had a few of those I can tell you

No comments: