Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Aha news!

Well, not really, I just wanted and eye catching attention grabbing headline!

The new PC is now up and running nicely, but I still haven’t managed to get my data across from my old hard drive. It includes a pre-written report on my 8 month update and rather than typing it in all over again I have just decided to delay it until I get all the stuff back. So give me a bit of time and I’ll be putting in my, er, 8½ month report any day now…

We had a great weekend last weekend. The BUF and her VNSO*1 came down to see us and we had a really nice relaxing time. On Friday the BUF listened to me whitter on about life’s little mysteries (in only the way that a BF can) over a nice bottle of red wine. We stopped at one bottle as my tablets still say ‘avoid alcohol’. I’m not quite certain if this means I shouldn’t drink the stuff, or just not go down the wine aisle in Tesco in case a bottle falls on my head. Whichever, I was trying to be (moderately) sensible – I avoided Tesco altogether and didn’t drink too much..

You may wonder why the VNSO has suddenly picked up a nickname like that from me. Of course, it could be because he is a) a significant other and b) very nice (obviously) but it’s more to do with the new men who came into my life (temporarily) last week. You see they were very nice men, in fact, very, very nice men….The first was the manager in the computer shop – not only is going to transfer all my data for me onto a hard drive that I haven’t even bought in his shop but he even got me a chair to sit on*2 when I had to wait for him to finish something else. What a VVNM he was. Next was the VVNM who finally managed to fit my new CD player in my car (yes, it is finally in). He did a lovely job; very neat extra wiring and even drove my car home for me afterwards so I didn’t have to get a taxi. Of course hubby says it’s just ‘cos he wanted to drive my car but I’m sure it was because he had his extra nice hat on. So, I decided, in a week of two very nice men that I could do with a third one….

Nice One
*1Very nice significant other
*2This doesn’t normally happen in the real world, even if you are a granny with one leg pushing a pushchair and carrying several bags. It’s like people giving up their seat on the bus…or not….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pips,
So glad that your pc is up and running again. Know how frustrating that is to have it down. Our computer support son moved out last year so when ours is down it may be a while until he can get over to fix it. Feels like you are out of the loop until it's back on. Especially when you use it for business -- I sell purebred dogs over the net. Glad you are doing so well. I am 12 weeks postop but still stiff, sore, and hobbling around.

Deb Collin --cakedec

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you're back in business. I missed you. I agree with Deb, it does feel like you're out of the loop, detatched in some way when your system is down. Whatever did we do before Al Gore invented the internet?

Har har...