Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My back doesn’t talk to me the way it once did

I promised myself I wouldn’t really blog about my back apart from in the monthly updates but I just thought this was odd and so I thought I’d share (or whinge, complain grouse etc etc *1).

You see, my back always used to talk to me – it would twitter away in the background and tell me that I was doing just a bit too much and if I carried on, if I didn’t suffer later, I’d wake up mighty sore tomorrow. Most of the time I ignored it hoping it would shut up and them I’d be mighty sore in the morning and would beat myself up before carrying on and doing the precise same thing again. Learn from it? No way José! Anyway, at least I knew where I was and
if I felt like being sensible (stop sniggering right now Laughing 14) I would take a break and might escape the worse of it.

So, now, the twittering has shut up and that’s great – the only problem is, it still hurts if I do too much. So, it goes like this – I get stuck into something (the cleaning maybe*2), everything seems fine and then suddenly it socks me between the eyes (well in the centre of the back truthfully) – and it hurts! What about that, no warning, just
kapow and all that. That’s not very fair, is it?

Anyway, the good thing in all of this is that if I stop right then (not like I get too much choice by this stage) and take it easy for a bit, the kapowwing*3 stops and (even better this) I’m not sore in the morning. This is great – no more morning spasms for me thank you very much (so far so good and all that) – I just wish I could figure out at which point too much
is too much, before it really is too much….


*1 you know, just like I always do
*2 well, not the ironing, obviously…the pile is now nearly 3ft tall after all...
Iron My Shirt
...and is developing a personality all of it’s own.
*3 I know this isn’t a word, but it should be

2 comments:

lynne said...

good to know your 'back' is keeping quiet!!!! I am looking forward to that...mine is still twittering but just a little here & there.............Ly

Anonymous said...

Here's to the kapowwing stopping once and for all.