Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My poor MIL...

So, the poor ole MIL is back home. It turns out that her GP had recently changed her medication (in fact, just 4 days ago!) and her system needs to get used to it before they can operate - so they sent her home. I suppose keeping her nil by mouth for the next three weeks until they could take her to theatre would be a bit drastic after all, however much she fancies losing a few pounds! Anyway, she was up on the ward getting her blood pressure taken and stuff while the FIL*1 and I had coffee downstairs. Less than an hour later, when we went back up to the ward to say goodbye and wish her luck, she was all packed up and ready to go home. So, we get a reprieve for 3 weeks and she has 3 more weeks to get stressed out again. At least I now know where the hospital is and have found the car park so I guess we just take it as a ‘dry run’.

Ah well, gives me a bit more time to find heart warming stories of how well other people have done and how they are riding bikes and climbing mountains. In fact, T (of A&T fame, remember them?) took up fencing after he had both of his hips done so maybe she’ll get a new hobby or two with inspiration like that….
Fencing
*1 I’m sure you can work this one out for yourselves.

No comments: