Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Grrrrrr

Just because I park on the street does not mean that stupid people who don’t know how to drive should be allowed to run into my wing mirror!!!

I came out of the house to go to a meeting with the BMB and noticed that my wing mirror no longer reflected anything – because it was missing! My nice classic car, ruined by some thoughtless, stupid (grrrr) $%*£%@d. Gaah
Not knowing quite what to do (the prat having long since gone and with me, by this time, running late *1) I drove off up the road and then turned (because I actually needed to be going in the other direction) in the park entrance (like I normally do) *2. It was dark*3. Anyway, coming back down the hill, I had a sudden thought – what if my poor mirror was lying in the road unsmashed but unloved, just waiting for another heartless b*****d to drive over it? I couldn’t bear the thought and stopped (I was late already so what price a few minutes more) and started grubbing around in the puddles on the side of the road *4. Amazingly, I found it, mirror and surround intact with the just the mechanism for remote adjustment broken (no loss there, it didn’t work anyway). Off to the meeting, apologised to the BMB who was suitably sympathetic (that’s why he’s the BMB) and decided to wait until daylight to put it back together.

So today I went outside (very carefully, don’t want to trip and smash it now…) and find that it’s a ball and socket fit. I am not strong enough to get to click into place and don’t want to force it (or persuade it into place with a hammer) in case I break it – looks like I’m off to see P@NGD (the garage) …….he’d be another VVNM then…

*1 Cursing and swearing can take quite some time you know…Rant 5
*2 I know you don’t need to know this, I was just setting the scene.
*3 Setting the scene some more
*4 Did I mention it had been raining? Rain Cloud


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good save. I am glad you were able to retrieve it. Hopefully, the garage guy will be a VVNM indeed.

P.S. I love your British phrases like prat and "wing mirror". So cute.