Thursday, January 12, 2006

I think I'm relieved...

I finally got the call this morning. I go in next Thursday for my pre-op assessment and then I am provisionally booked in for surgery for the 8th of February (going in to hospital on the 7th). The secretary asked me how I felt about it and I didn't quite know what to say. I phoned hubby and he asked me the same thing with the same response which is odd because I am rarely (if ever) lost for words!

Anyway, now, a bit later in the same day, I have finally pinned down what I feel more than anything. I am relieved; relieved that all the waiting, hoping and worrying is over and relieved that it is finally going ahead. Don't get me wrong, I'm still all the other stuff too, but just think in 6 months time when I have recovered, it could be a whole new life. In fact, even if I don't get best results, it will be a whole new life in that I will be much more certain of what my future holds.

I have decided to make a list of stuff to take into hospital based on other lists that I have got from (those wonderful) forums and I also thought I'd make a big pile of books, jigsaws, DVDs and CDs that I've been meaning to read, do, watch and listen to. I shall be very busy during my recovery I think...*

*Of course I will probably feel like sh*t and still not get round to reading, doing, watching or listening to any of it but still, my intentions are good!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have been waiting long & now you're in for Feb! I think it's good because you won't have much more time to dwell on it...get it done, girl! You'll be my role model so I want you posting your journal right away...I just called the dr.'s nurse to schedule mine for august...they'll call me back little while. so you'll be the new bionic woman & well recovered by my surgery date....!!!
***If you come to NYCity, you have a place to stay!!! Lynne

Posted by Lynne lelc2002@yahoo.com at 4:20 PM, 13/1/2006