Wednesday, January 11, 2006

To metal detectors at airports (and my friend's hips)

I have a friend (well it's my friend's hubby in fact) and we had fun when we went away on holiday with them. (No, not like that!) Coming back he set off the metal detector arch at the airport - "Please empty your pockets Sir" they said (in Spanish) so he complied and went back through. The thing beeped again so they got out the little hand held wand and waved it over his trousers - it beeped insistently just below his waistband on either side. "Keys" they said, "money?" (in Spanish) - "No" he said - "new hips" - it took a while but they finally got it and let us all though.

Well, I've heard that if you have rods in your back the detectors don't go off and I've heard that they do - given my experience with my friend, I can't wait to fly again once I've been operated on. Just watch me beep beep beep the place down. Keys, money, bra strap? They'll have no idea will they?

No comments: