Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hey, I went on a night out!

Oh gosh, is it really 11 weeks since I had the surgery – doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun?! I’m doing well, keeping busy and happy and feel much clearer headed since I came off the morphine based drugs. My walking (with 2 sticks) has now speeded up to not too much slower than I used to be and my pain levels are much less. I am still taking lots of painkillers but will cut them down soon I am sure. Oh yes and ‘I Am Not Fed Up’ (except maybe with people asking me if I am fed up yet!).

Before I went into hospital, I made a long list of things that I was going to do during recovery. I had a shelf full of books to read and DVD’s to watch. I have jigsaws and embroidery to do. I have sewing to do and loads of stuff on the PC. I want to transfer my LP’s to CD. I want to backup the PC and reinstall nice clean copies of all the software. I want to update my blog and e-mail my friends. I also do scrap booking and card making and want to sort out all my old photo albums. Now, I have actually done some of this stuff, but with a list like this, do you think I’ve managed to get all that done yet? I ain’t wonderwoman you know!

Anyway, last night we went out with bruv and sis in law for a meal. I sat at a table for a whole evening and didn’t complain once. I even had ALCOHOL in the form of an liquer coffee. It was great – isn’t it nice to take such great pleasure in such simple things….
.
Coffee 2

No comments: