Monday, April 10, 2006

A whole new wardrobe

Woohoo! I am back in jeans. I have no idea if I will be in them again tomorrow, but I am today and that’s what counts. I do feel distinctly more normal – now if only it would all completely stop hurting we really would be in business….

I’m thinking though that I may have to rush out (hee hee, like I’d rush anywhere before the op, let alone now!) – to buy new clothes. You may think that this is because I am straighter and wish to fill my wardrobe full of stripes, but it’s not true, you see in fact my wardrobe is already full of stripes (never knew they were supposed to go horizontal tho’!). Anyway, the fact is, this is for jeans, you see I am suddenly longer from my ummm, well there, to my waistband. Today I am wearing a favourite pair of low rise jeans that I have always worn on waist as that’s where they fitted and today I discover they are sitting exactly where they are supposed to. Now this makes me a bit worried as my favourite jeans are M&S ‘on waist’. Now stop right there, remove all images of elasticated waistbands and grannies, M&S do some great jeans and more to the point they do them with very short leg lengths and I have very short legs. Up until now it was a match made in heaven but I have stood there in the changing room listening to all those women complaining about the fit and how they dig in up where they’re not supposed to. I fear I will soon be one of those women. If I am now longer between the floor and my waist (even if it’s really between ummm, there and my waist) then my ‘perfect fit’ isn’t going to be perfect, is it?

Now do you think this sounds like a good excuse for some serious clothes shopping? Answers on a credit card please……

Eyebrows

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

any excuse for some retail therapy!

Glad it's all coming along so well, thinking of you every day

Gill & Ian

xxx