Friday, April 07, 2006

Some old, same old

Life just seems to consist of more of the same at the moment. A couple of good days followed by a not so good one where I rest up and then we’re back to improving again. I now seem to have reached the point where I have more good days than bad now so I’m happy with the rate of progress. My walking is improving gradually and I’m doing lots of (self imposed) exercises which seem to help with my movement. Getting some of the feeling back in the top of my leg has been a real help too, although the front of my thigh is still as dead as a block of wood (I figure that’s quite apt since I have legs like tree trunks!).

Re the medical profession, I saw my doctor on Monday and he is happy for me to try reducing my painkillers. He has prescribed me something a little less ‘interesting’ and I shall give them a go next week – I was told on no account to start on the new stuff over a weekend, just in case….just in case what, I'm not certain, but I am happy to follow advice (Ok, you can stop laughing and get up off the floor now!)
ROFL
I still have a physio (just) but I think that we have different agendas – she would like to get me walking normally, completely overlooking the fact that I have never done that in my whole life. I see an interesting clash here.

Leaving all this aside, I thought I’d pass on another of those wonderful gems for all the pre-oppers out there. You see I thought I’d be doing loads of stuff at this point and discover that I am still restricted in the bending and stretching department so…
…think about what you might like to do when out of hospital and then make sure that it is reachable. If you want to watch those odd 100 dvd’s that have sat on the shelf gathering dust, then make sure you can reach the player, ‘cos if it’s near the floor, you’ll need someone to load it for you. Just get everything you own which is either high or low out on the worktops – OK OK, it’s true, your house will look like a jumble sale but these things need to be done. You have been warned!

No comments: